Change of subject combination
Documents to be included:
- completed and signed change of subject application
- for applications via CAMPUSonline: all documents required in the application status
- for a change in enrolment to module studies:Overview of choice of modules
- for enrolling in order to improve your grades in the law programme: separate request form
- for a second programme, a certificate programme, doctoral studies, a teacher education programme after having earned a degree: A copy of the degree certificate from your first programme of study
- Doctoral students should also include the following: Form for Enrolment for 2 or 8 Semester via BayDoc or WIN-UBT-Portal
- If you are being placed in an advanced semester: Credits recognized by the relevant Examinations Office (Prüfungsamt)
- If you are enrolling in a master's programme: overview of the achievement of credit points according to the examination regulations and admission letter or confirmation from the Examinations Office or finding of equivalence of the first degree by the Board of Examiners
- For programmes of study with an application process (aptitude assessment process, admission restricted: Notice of acceptance or notice of suitabilityTo enrol in two programmes with restricted admission: A statement describing your particular interests relating to science, the arts, or your career
- When changing combination subjects in Bachelor's degree programs: Approval of the responsible examination office/examination board.
- Approval of the Foreigners' Office/ Ausländeramt (international, non-EU students)
- When being carried out by a third party: written authorization
- Transition from bachelor's to master's programmeHide
To change enrolment to a master's programme, you must fulfil the programme requirements as set forth in the relevant examination and study regulations. Please apply via CampusOnline or the chair. You can find more information on how to apply here in the information on the degree programme.
The transition from a bachelor’s to a master’s programme can result in a double Enrolment if the result of the bachelor’s examination is not known at the time of the change in enrolment. Re-enrolment for the semester in question will be automatically blocked until examination results are published. The Board of Examiners generally provides us with the date and overall grade after an examination has been passed, upon which the re-enrolment blocking is lifted. If the student does not fulfil the requirements attached to admission, de-registration takes place at the end of the respective semester.
A change in programme of study or of a subject, the addition or dropping of an additional programme or of additional subject (including changes of the major, minor or teaching subject) or part-time to full-time/full-time to part-time is only permitted during the period of enrolment or the period of re-enrolment.
That means that a change of subject after completed re-enrolment can be undertaken in the four weeks after the beginning of lectures of the respective semester. The deadlines do not apply in the case of subject change after definitively failing preliminary, intermediate or final examinations.
Provided that you have successfully applied for a spot in a course of study with locally restricted admissions, you are obliged to keep to the deadlines for enrolment and change in programme as communicated in the letter of admission.
- Adding a further programme of studiesHide
Enrolment for two or more programmes of study with restricted admissions is only permitted where there is a particular professional, scientific or artistic interest in simultaneously studying the various programmes of studies (cf. Article 87 para 3 of the Bavarian Higher Education Innovation Act).
Enrolment in two or more open-admissions programmes of study is possible. Because multiple Enrolment does not result in an extension of examination deadlines, it is recommended that you seek Student Advising before taking up the programme of studies.
- Important notice on registering with the Language CenterHide
Following a change of subject combination, the status of you language training will not be adjusted automatically. After a change of subject combination, please write an E-mail to email@example.com to give notice of the changed subject combination.
- Important notice for international studentsHide
A change of subject combination, which has not been approved by the Foreigners Office responsible in your case, can lead to the loss of your residence permit! To avoid negative legal consequences in a change of subject, you should have this form confirmed at the International Office and approved by the Foreigners Office of the City of Bayreuth, and submit it along with the subject change at the Student Administration Office.
You are welcome to submit your documents as follows:
For any further queries, we’re at your service.