Enrolment at the University of Bayreuth
General Information for Winter Semester 2023/24
Enrolment periods for undergraduate degree programmes (Bachelor & State Examination)
- without aptitude assessment process, course orientation process, or admission restriction, enrolment period is 15 April - 28 September 2023.
- with aptitude assessment process or course orientation process, enrolment period is 16 July - 28 September 2023
or after receipt of admission (Ecology, Media Studies, Music Theatre Studies, Theatre&Media, Philosophy&Economics).
- with restricted admission, enrolment period is announced during the admission procedure.
Enrolment periods for Master's programmes and doctural studies programme
- Admission or approval by the examination board is generally required for enrolment (see also: Application for Master's programmes)
- For Master programmes for which no application via CAMPUSonline is required, enrolment is possible from 16 July - 28 September 2023. For which Master's degree programmes an application must be submitted, please click here.
- For doctoral studies programme, enrolment is possible from 16 July until the end of winter semester 2023.
- For all other degree programmes, enrolment is possible from 16 July - 29 September 2023.
Note: Late enrollment until 13. November 2023 will be tolerated. Negative effects of the same will not be represented by the University of Bayreuth. Please note that the lecture period starts on 16. October 2023.
- Enrolment may be conducted by a third party authorised in writing to do so.
- If you are already enrolled or re-registered at the University of Bayreuth, no re-enrolment is required. In this case, please take note of the page on changing subjects
Enrolment takes place via CAMPUSonline and the courses offered for the 2023/24 winter semester will be visible during the above-mentioned period.
Summary of the most important steps:
- Set up a user account.
Complete your application for the chosen programme of study. You will then be directed to Self-Service.
Once you have accepted your place, you will then find the application form for enrolment in Self-Service. Please print it out and send it with the required documents (see last page of the enrolment application) by post to the address printed on it by 28 September 2023 at the latest. Please make sure you submit all your documents in full! Please take note of the information on evidence of health insurance coverage for students (see No.1).
Once you have enrolled successfully, you will receive an e-mail containing all the information for your student account (username and PIN). You will then be able to print out a certificate of enrolment.
Your campus card will be sent to you by post.
All further information for your studies can be found on the information page for first-year students (please read through in detail in your own interest!).
Click here to register online for the winter semester.
Please note: If you are or have been a student at the University of Bayreuth, please contact us in advance by e-mail.